My pages relating to the use of get_iplayer and the future development thereof are primed for
Unless stated otherwise - get_iplayer is still working for me (this was the case 11 Aug 2011)
Page from 2011
Updated Jan 2015
get_iPlayer for Windows 7
get_iplayer.exe is a seperate downloading program (from the BBC iPlayer download facility) and can be used to download
BBC TV and Radio DRM free and not time-limited.
THIS IS NOT MY MAIN PAGE ON get_iplayer
Since the Po-Ru ipdl.exe broke late in 2010 I have been using Phil Lewis's get_iplayer to download BBC TV and radio
(a fork by David Woodhouse, infradead.org) . Due to
the changes that the BBC instituted to make iPlayer compatible with Apples iOS4 I have found a few "work-arounds", these are
described on this website.
While I am still open to questions on the use of get_iplayer I have moved the content to a local area
so that I can access it should I need to see what I had posted previously.
Based on an earlier work published on Linuxcentre - downloaded from David Woodhouse's infradead.org in December 2010 now used with a few modifications to
the get_iplayer process using a different version of FLVstreamer (a January 2011 build that supports RTMPE type 9 handshakes.)
- bbc iplayer will not down load programe to web page - 28 Jan 2015
- free vpn with get_iplayer - Newcastle-on-Tyne, 25 Apr 2013 - I use a VPN service with get_iplayer, this is not
for added security, as I presume the case for wanting to use it in the UK [Newcastle], I use it to overcome GeoIP restrictions.
- get_iplayer windows 7 stopped working today - 14 Feb 2013, Edinburgh - Well it still works for me as I am now downloading part 3 of "Dancing on the Edge"
- get_iplayer stopped working in windows 7 - 11 Aug 2011, Lambeth
- get_iplayer broken by bbc and get_iplayer not working 2011 - 27 July 2011, London and Wigan - It was
still working for me this morning as aI downloaded episode 2 of "The Hour".
- is get iplayer still working - 29 June 2011, Dublin - Yes, I used it this morning to download Silent Witness, series 13 - Shadows part 1 and part 2.
- bbc iplayer mp4 adobe air - Inverness, Scotland 20 June 2011 - the files downloaded by the Adobe Air
application called iPlayer are not what is discussed on this page.
- the program file is not currently available on iplayer downloader - Penarth, Wales 20 June 2011
- You should really be downloading using get_iplayer not the BBC iPlayer downloading function.
- iplayer desktop remove drm - London, 19 June 2011
- download bbc programmes with no time limit - Kensington, 19 June 2011
- where is the get_iplayer options file in win 7 - Croydon, 7 June 2011 - hit on swf page,
- remove time limit from iplayer - 30 Apr 2011, Newcastle upon Tyne
- get_iplayer swf verification - 17 Dec 2010 Google Cache (website was turned off)
- get_iplayer -"get iplayer" -site:linuxcentre.net - 17 Dec 2010 static-adsl.aquiss.com (UK Broadband)
- get_iplayer alternative - 21 Dec 2010 Google UK
- get_iplayer not (still) working / [Broken] - 20 Dec 2010, Oxford (Ferndown) and [Wellington, NZ] - it as still working when I tried it.
The search string above "get_iplayer not (still) working / [Broken]" is a construct of the searches from Oxford (Ferndown) and [New Zealand] i.e.
nobody searched for the exact string - Oxford probably searched for "get_iplayer not working"
- "get_iplayer not (still) working / [Broken]" - 23 Dec 2010, Sydney (with and without the quotes)